Posted Wed, 30 Apr 2014 - 5:21pm by Solveig Esteves
Good investigations are based on eight fundamental principles.
- Investigators must be as independent as possible.
- Investigators must be trained and experienced.
- All potentially relevant issues must be identified and, where appropriate, pursued.
- Investigations must be sufficiently resourced.
- All relevant physical and digital evidence must be identified, preserved, collected and examined as necessary.
- All relevant documentation must be secured and reviewed.
- All relevant witnesses must be identified, segregated where practical and thoroughly interviewed.
- The analysis of all the material gathered during the investigation must be objective and based solely on the facts.